Postgame notes from the New Mexico State-San Diego State game.
Nov. 21, 2000
SAN DIEGO - Postgame notes from the New Mexico State-San Diego State men's basketball game.
* - With a 15-point victory over New Mexico State is a 32-point turnaround from when the teams last met less than a year ago. On Nov. 30 of last season, the Aggies defeated San Diego State 66-49 in Las Cruces, N.M.
* - For the 34th time in 80 years of San Diego State basketball, the Aztecs have started a season 2-0. This is the first time the Aztecs have opened 2-0 since the 1995-96 season.
* - This is San Diego State's first two-game winning streak since defeating Loyola Marymount (Dec. 30) and High Point (Jan. 2) of last season. The Aztecs went 19 consecutive games without a two-game winning streak.
* - Steve Fisher coached teams are 8-0 in home contests in the month of November, including a 3-0 record while coaching the Aztecs.
* - Since Fisher's arrival, San Diego State is 5-3 in non-conference home games. Prior to Fisher's arrival, San Diego State was 5-7 in its previous 12 non-conference home games.
* - San Diego State has won its first two home games of the season for the first time in the history of Cox Arena. The last time the Aztecs were victorious in their first two home games of the season was the 1996-97 campaign when San Diego State defeated UC Irvine and Eastern Washington.
* - With two victories by Nov. 21, this marks the earliest date that San Diego State has reached two victories. The previous earliest mark was Nov. 28 of 1995 when the Aztecs posted victories over Northwestern (Nov. 24) and Loyola Marymount (Nov. 28).
* - The last time San Diego State won two consecutive games by double digits was during the 1996-97 season when the Aztecs defeated Eastern Washington, 80-55, and Northwestern, 82-70.
* - Tonight's attendance of 2,746 puts this season's average at 3,521. Last season's average was 2,618.