The second half of Conference play gets underway this weekend with TCU at San Diego State and Air Force at UNLV.
TCU and New Mexico in first place at halfway point ... The second half of the Conference season will begin this week with TCU and New Mexico tied for first place at 9-3. The Horned Frogs secured a share of first with a three-game sweep of Air Force over the weekend. The Lobos were 2-1 against San Diego State on Saturday and Sunday to wrap up the first half of Mountain West play ... Teams will play home-and-home three-game series during the regular season with the top four teams advancing to the Conference Championship, May 24-27, at Earl E. Wilson Stadium in Las Vegas, Nev.
Tops in Attendance ... In the most recent Division I Baseball Attendance survey conducted by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association, TCU and New Mexico rank among the Top 40 in the nation in home attendance in 2012. The Horned Frogs rank ninth in average attendance at 4,173 and 11th in total at 83,460. The Lobos are 37th in average (1,610) and total (32,213).
MLB Opening Day Rosters ... Several former Mountain West baseball players saw action during the MLB's opening weekend of 2012.
- Addison Reed, SDSU (2010) - Chicago White Sox
- Stephen Strasburg, SDSU (2009) - Washington Nationals
- Matt Carpenter, TCU (2009) - St. Louis Cardinals
- Andrew Cashner, TCU (2008) - San Diego Padres
- Jake Arrieta, TCU (2007) - Baltimore Orioles
- Jordan Pacheco, UNM (2007) - Colorado Rockies
- Justin Masterson, SDSU (2006) - Cleveland Indians
- Tony Gwynn, Jr., SDSU (2003) - Los Angeles Dodgers
Mountain West Baseball on Twitter ... Follow your favorite Mountain West baseball teams and catch up on news from around the league on Twitter at @TheMWCOlySports.